Monday, May 1, 2017

You Can Change

I can look back over the years and see where illnesses and my attitude toward these illnesses has changed my character for the better. I have lost quite a few character flaws and wonder if I would have experienced all that growth if I hadn't had any illnesses. Chances are without the struggle I might still be out of fellowship with Jehovah only worse, with no thought of Him or where I would spend eternity.

I put the father of my children, my stubborn pride and independence ahead of God. I was unbendable and unmovable, set in my ways because I allowed my circumstances and my obsession with making things, my life, the way I thought I wanted it to be my focus. I found out that I was wrong on all accounts because I wasn't putting God first or basing my decisions on his word. What had been hardness and determination  turned into a chic with a really bad attitude who had some really bad habits like smoking cigarettes instead of eating, drinking sundrop like it was water, being anxious about everything, unable to get any decent sleep due to worrying, and drinking alcoholic beverages. I ended up on the side of the road after work one day, blind to the point I couldn't see beyond the hood of my car. Someone had to come get me and drive me home. Self abuse or lack of taking proper care of yourself mentally, physically,  spiritually and emotionally ends in disaster especially if your thought patterns, thinking, is toxic. You are what you think.

That episode was just the beginning of years of illnesses and disease. I praise my heavenly father today for the diseases and illnesses that I have been healed from and the ones that I have overcome with his help. I am a better woman, a better person, a whole lot closer to God and putting him first, dependent on God for all things, and sharing my story and his love and his holy word, the bible, with others. He is my everything and everyone to me. Jesus is the way,  the truth,  and the life and following him you will find your way, know the truth, and have everlasting life  where there is no pain,  no sickness and no sorrow.

John  14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Revelation  21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Post a Comment